//

Submissions

Philosophy Student Seeking Community Help

by Wes Tirey, guest writer

It’s safe to say that the Warren-Wilson Philosophy department isn’t the largest, but it’s equipped with some of the college’s best professors. Anyone who takes a Wilson Philosophy class should consider themselves lucky. With that said, I consider myself very lucky.

With the help of Professor Matt Whitt, I’ve been asked to be an intern at Telos Press and Institute in New York. Telos has been the world’s leading journal of critical theory and transnational politics since the late 60’s. Moreover, they publish books and host an annual conference in New York that brings some of the world’s leading intellectuals to speak at. This September, Telos will host their first European conference in Italy.

As a summer intern at Telos, I’ll be working on projects that include: interviewing philosophers and scholars for a Telos podcast, digitizing the Telos back catalogue, and conducting a “Where are they now” of those who have written articles for Telos.

Any who are interested can speak to me at the Work Program Office or email me at wes.tirey@gmail.com or wtirey@warren-wilson.edu

I may also have the opportunity to go with the Telos staff to Italy to help with the conference. It is indeed a major opportunity for a philosophy student.

I am asking any and all in the Warren-Wilson community if they would be gracious enough to donate to my summer internship fund. Any money that I collect for the fund will only be used to pay for rent and basic expenses. To say that I would be grateful and appreciative of any donations would be an understatement.