Warren Wilson College News

Medley named Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing at WWC

Dawn Medley

Dawn Medley, Director of Student Success and Assistant Professor at Missouri Valley College, has been named to the new position of Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing at Warren Wilson College, effective June 24.

Medley’s appointment was announced by Warren Wilson College President Steven Solnick, with approval from the College’s Board of Trustees.

In her Warren Wilson College position Medley will oversee and fully integrate the offices of undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Marketing. Among other duties, she will direct all image, branding, communication and public relations efforts of the college, in order to ensure increased understanding of Warren Wilson College in the higher education marketplace.

“We’re thrilled that Dawn Medley will be joining us to lead our efforts in enrollment and marketing,” Solnick said. “She brings a broad range of skills and experience that will help us continue spreading the word about our Triad of strong academics, work and service, unique among liberal arts colleges in America.”

Medley has more than 20 years of higher education experience, including the areas of enrollment management, financial aid and marketing. She has been Vice President of Enrollment Services at Forest Institute; Director of Admissions at the University of Arkansas; Associate Director of Admissions at Southeast Missouri State University; and Coordinator of Admissions and Financial Aid at the University of Missouri – Rolla.

“I am honored and thrilled to be chosen as Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing at Warren Wilson College,” Medley said. “I am grateful to the search committee and to Dr. Solnick for the confidence they have shown in me. WWC is a campus with tremendous opportunities and potential, and I look forward to sharing the story on a national level.

“When I was on campus I felt completely at home with the wonderful students, staff and faculty with whom I interacted. I also had a chance to attend the College’s Circus, which helped me know that WWC is where I belong. I’m eager to get to campus and get going.”

Medley will assume responsibility for some of the areas currently supervised by Richard Blomgren, who has directed Warren Wilson’s admission and marketing efforts since 1996. Blomgren will continue as Vice President for Advancement, a position he also has held since 2009.

“The College is grateful to Richard Blomgren for his leadership of admission and marketing for 17 years,” Solnick said, “and I look forward to having his full talents and energies focused on our advancement efforts.”

Solnick also expressed appreciation to members of the search committee: Chair Ed Raiola, Cathy Kramer, Sharon Lytle, Lyn O’Hare, J.T. Wagner and Ben Surface ’15. Lahti Search Consultants, based in Minneapolis, assisted in the national search.

Share