An Outdoor Classroom
The garden consists of three acres of organically raised crops, including vegetables, fruits, cut flowers, and herbs. It also includes a one-acre apple orchard and makes use of season extension practices such as a heated greenhouse and three unheated hoophouses.
The garden manages a small apiary, chickens, and a compost operation. We strive to model sustainable agriculture practices and use the draught power of two Belgian work horses whenever possible.
Vegetables and herbs from the garden include:
- kale, mustard greens, and cabbage
- winter and summer squash
- lettuce, arugula, spinach, and salad mix
- eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers
- onions, garlic, and leeks
- potatoes and sweet potatoes
- green beans and peas
Culinary herbs include cilantro, basil, dill, mint, parsley, winter savory, and rosemary.