Am I International?

If you are a non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident living outside of the United States, or a non-U.S citizen/permanent resident living in the United States on a temporary visa, you will be considered an international applicant.

  • U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents living or studying abroad: your global experience is a valuable part of your narrative and will be given consideration in the evaluation of your application. Please refer to and utilize the requirements and deadlines for domestic first year applications.
  • DACA and undocumented students: We encourage students to apply for admission and we are able to offer merit and need-based aid.  Please apply via the common app as an international applicant. See here for more information regarding DACA.

If you are unsure of your status, please contact our international admission email:

We are a proud partner of Education USA!  Find an advising office in your home country.

Visa, Passport and Travel

If admitted, you will be required to submit the following before an I-20 will be issued:

  • $300 non-refundable Enrollment Deposit (applied to your first semester bill)
  • Color copy of you bio page in passport(must be valid 6 months into future)
  • Warren Wilson Financial Guarantee Form (form will be sent via email)
  • Supporting financial documents
  • International Student Data Form

Information on Student Visas

Before leaving your home country, you must obtain a passport from your government and a visa from the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you are academically and financially accepted, you will be sent a letter of admission and an I-20. With this you may obtain a student visa (F1) for entry into the United States. The I-20 will be sent to you when we receive your enrollment deposit.

To meet U.S. Government regulations as a full-time, undergraduate student on the F-1 or J-1 visas, you must enroll for a minimum of 12 semester hours each semester enrolled. Applicants should check restrictions about off-campus work and length of stay on a student visa.

Find a U.S. Embassy in your country for detailed information regarding the visa/immigration process.

Arrival Information

When coming to Warren Wilson, students may fly to the Asheville Regional Airport, a full-service airport with excellent connections to international airports such as Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC.

F-1 and J-1 visa students will be required to participate in an International Student Orientation before new student orientation for the Fall or Spring.