Pew Learning Center and Ellison Library Mission Statement
The Ellison Library is an active partner in shaping the College’s distinctive educational program. We provide a dynamic space of inquiry, exploration, and discovery. We strive to create an atmosphere that facilitates learning, sparks curiosity, and inspires discovery by thoughtfully curating a collection of diverse information resources and by providing a variety of learning spaces.
We aspire to:
- Serve as a welcoming social and intellectual center of the College, honoring differences to create an inclusive atmosphere where diverse voices are heard.
- Partner with students, faculty, and staff in creating a learning environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, discovery, creativity, collaboration, and growth.
- Enable and facilitate the development of skills necessary for research and academic discourse.
- Embrace transformations in research and collections, building on the foundational collaboration between collections, technology, and media to redefine library services.
- Empower a creative and energetic staff to experiment, expand the library’s reach across campus, and anticipate student needs in a rapidly changing world.
- Adapt and design facilities, collections, formats, and access to promote an open and experiential learning environment.
- Foster a productive work environment in which student crew members thrive and where their contributions are valued and celebrated.
- Nurture a collegial work environment built on collaboration and consensus that values and celebrates the contribution of all staff members and supports their professional growth.