North Carolina Stage Company
- NC Stage is Asheville’s professional theater company downtown. Warren Wilson students can get involved in a variety of ways through academic and service-learning opportunities. Contact the Theatre Office Crew for more information.
- NC Stage also offers ticket deals for students, including a specially priced season flex-passes (averaging just $3 per show), and $10 Student Rush tickets available the day of a performance. Call NC Stage at (828) 239-0263 for more info.
Montford Park Players
- This local community theater is the hub of Asheville’s Shakespeare scene. With indoor and outdoor venues, the performances are always highly attended by the Warren Wilson community, with our own David Mycoff usually in the cast of players. The director’s are also very welcoming to students looking to join the cast.
Magnetic Stage Company
- Magnetic Field is a new theater in the area dedicated to performing original works. Writing Professor John Crutchfield has had several of his original plays. Warren Wilson alumni Glenn Reed and Katie Ann Towner are also active members of this theater group.
Asheville Community Theater
- Volunteer: ACT is a volunteer-driven theatre where everyone is welcome! If you’re enthusiastic about learning a new skill or sharing your talents with us, theywould love to have you! They hold a Volunteer Orientation session on a Tuesday evening once a month from 6:30-7:30 pm. The upcoming dates for orientation include February 21st, March 13th, and April 17th. Please email Janna Hoekema, the Program Director, for more information!
- Internships: We have been able to tailor internships based on individual requirements. If you’re interested in connecting with Asheville Community Theatre about a possible internship, please email our Program Director, Janna Hoekema.
Art Space Charter School
- Art Space is a primary school dedicated to integrating art into standardized learning. Theater, art, music, and gardening are all woven into every class room. The school is always warm to Wilson students who are willing to lend a hand in any way possible.
- Founded in 1993, SERPENT CHILD, is a non profit professional arts companydedicated to the collaborative creation of multi-disciplinary, community-based art. Serpent Child’s purpose is to create art in a variety of media based on the experiences, history and myths of specific communities.