//

Op/Ed

Leave the Mess Behind: Villagers Should Have Mandatory Move-out Every Year

by Izzy Cohan, staff writer

With the start of the new semester come all the expected changes. New faces to study in Jensen, different monotones so dry you can hardly squeeze four bullet points from them, classes that excite you and lectures that don’t.

Though these changes are expected, we need to have our minds clear and our living situations seamlessly figured out so we have one less headache as we attempt to find our niche in the world of Liberal Arts.

A few weeks ago I changed my living arrangements with the hopes of increasing my efficiency, productivity and gusto. As the time has passed my brain feels clogged with dust and it’s definitely not helping my creativity. Years of filth have accumulated in Village A 219, and with each fresh resident comes more grime, planting itself atop of the ceiling fan—small mountains of grey matter slowly poisoning me.

The daily, weekly, or even monthly requirements of keeping my living space clean are issues I am prepared and ready to deal with, but I shouldn’t have to worry about two and a half years worth of it and that is why I propose the idea:

All residents living in the Villages are required to fully move out of their suites no matter their plans for that summer or next semester.

This suggestion is to develop some standards in the Village. To ensure that air quality isn’t a constant plight and to not have to worry about being bitten by a Black Widow when I reach for my quinoa in the cupboard [thank you Andrew for dealing with our spider problem].

Dancing on my tip toes so I don’t step on the sticky tiles with my full footprint I maneuver myself to the sofa to enjoy Star Wars Pod Racer on the suite’s Nintendo 64, watching the pixels larger than nickels move about the screen attempting to make a viable image I remind myself that I knowingly agreed to move into this suite. I genuinely enjoy the company of the people I am living with and we each seem to play a role in this thriving dynamic of intellect.

However, this suite needs a good cleaning, and I just don’t feel as though it’s my mess.

I look in repugnance at the oozing refrigerator, but it isn’t my mess, it isn’t my concoctions, and it ain’t my food to sift through. I feel the impulse to take a garbage bag in one hand and hold it there while the other swipes the shelves clean of the blue, yellow, green, orange, red, magenta, teal and whatever other colored object I can find in there, but hey, it ain’t my mess.

5 Responses to “Leave the Mess Behind: Villagers Should Have Mandatory Move-out Every Year”

1. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of
    valuable familiarity on the topic of unexpected emotions.

Posted by אתה מנסה זה יכול לצאת | August 8, 2014, 2:22 pm
  2. I got this web page from my pal who shared with me concerning this site and at the moment this time I am visiting this web
    page and reading very informative posts at this time.

Posted by men Skin care | August 14, 2014, 4:55 pm
  3. It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this fantastic blog!

I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS
    feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with
    my Facebook group. Talk soon!

Posted by קידום אתרים בגוגל פלוס | August 27, 2014, 9:43 am
  4. If you wish for to grow your know-how simply keep visiting this website and be updated with the
    most up-to-date information posted here.

Posted by binaryoptionsreview.pw | September 23, 2014, 3:01 am
  5. I know this site presents quality based articles and other material, is there any other site which offers these kinds of information in quality?

Posted by motivation and achievement | October 29, 2014, 12:47 am