//

Get to Know Warren Wilson College’s New Night Shift Supervisor, Mary Malelu

by Grace Hatton, staff writer

If you are planning to take advantage of the new library hours, you’re sure to meet the new night manager, Mary Malelu, as well. Ms. Malelu is a former Wilson student who’s major was philosophy and graduated in 2011. Malelu plans on attending graduate school in her future to obtain a master’s degree in Library and Information Science.

Ms. Malelu has been involved with the library since her freshman year. “I was placed on library crew the first semester of my freshman year due to the fact that I had worked in a college library while in high school. Initially, I was assigned to the interlibrary loan department. I worked in that department for 2 1/2 years before becoming crew leader of the circulation crew. I was on library crew for all four years of my Wilson career” says Malelu.

Ms. Malely is all for the extended library hours and what they mean for students. “I think that having access to all of the resources that the library has to offer is always important. As well as academic resources, the library offers consistently quiet study spaces and study spaces for groups as well. While there is no research librarian available at all hours, the crew and I are very knowledgeable about the library and the resources available within” says Malelu.

So next time you’re studying during the new extended hours at the library be sure to say hello to Mary Malelu and take advantage of all the knowledge she has to offer the hard working college student.

3 Responses to “Get to Know Warren Wilson College’s New Night Shift Supervisor, Mary Malelu”

1. I LOVE MARY MALELU! She is wonderful. yay Mary Malelu!

Posted by Stephanie Ng Ping Cheung | September 22, 2011, 2:17 am
  2. I can’t think of a better person for the job. Bright, personable – that’s Ms. Malelu!

Posted by Polly White | September 22, 2011, 2:42 pm
  3. MARY IS THE BEST.

Posted by Roth | September 22, 2011, 3:37 pm