The building was closed all of last year due to a mold infestation, while the administration and Board of Trustees planned for its
decommission and razing to take place in the summer.
The building has been a part of the campus since 1926, when it was built as Anne C. Carson’s gift to the college.
Whether the soon-to-be-empty space will be used for the new building, or as a scenic viewing spot for the mountains, remains to be decided.
Read more about Carson Hall in Sarah Banks’s and Maddy Dillon’s story Decommissioning and razing of Carson Hall authorized. View photos of the demolition in Warren Wilson College’s Flickr album Carson Demolition