Warren Wilson College News

Dean of Service Learning Search

As I mentioned in my July 30 report to campus, this year we’ll conduct a search for a Dean of Service-Learning. I’m writing to let you know about the search committee and general timetable.

I’m pleased to report that the seven persons listed below have agreed to serve on the Search Committee:

Doug Bradley, staff representative
Paula Garrett, administration representative (Academic Affairs)
Katie Green, staff representative
David Mycoff (Chair of the Search Committee), faculty representative
Marty O’Keefe, faculty representative
Ian Robertson, administration representative (Work Program)
Geoffrey Trowbridge, student representative

This group has strong knowledge of the Service-Learning program and absolute dedication to its success. Soon I’ll meet with the committee to discuss the process and timeframe for the search. In due course you’ll be hearing from the committee and/or Human Resources about ways the community will be involved in the process. The search will start fall semester, with the objective of having a dean in place by July 1, 2010.

I’m looking forward to working with the Search Committee to select our next Dean of Service-Learning. This process gives us an opportunity not only to choose a dean but also to discuss ways we want to make Service-Learning an even more significant part of our Triad approach to a liberal-arts education.

Regards,

Sandy Pfeiffer

Share